Why does this app say my phone is incompatible with the app?

A

AC Question

App says my phone is incompatible with the app. Help!

I have a my Touch LG-C800 phone. I am having problems getting a specific app to load on it saying my phone is incompatible with the app.

I have tried downloading the Amazon app from Amazon Appstore on my phone. I can download other apps through the Amazon Appstore on my phone.

I tried to download the Amazon app from Google Play Store. I can download other apps through the Google Play Store on my phone. My 2.3.6 Android is compatible with the app I'm trying to get. Amazon says it's something specifically with my phone. Any suggestions?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: App says my phone is incompatible with the app. Help!

Unfortunately,you are on such an old operating system,that developers design their apps to cover the largest group of OS and can not,or will not cover those beyond a certain point. So,you need to update by rooting,and installing a newer Rom that is available for your specific phone model. Or buy a newer phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: App says my phone is incompatible with the app. Help!

Even if you update the OS, the app may not be compatible with the phone. There's never a guarantee that any given app will be compatible with any given phone or any given version of Android. If you want "all apps work on all phones on all versions of the OS", use an iPhone.