Can i change my device setting from my computer?

A

AC Question

My phone was stolen. I am trying to wipe and lock my phone using android device manager. Erase everything (pictures etc). But in the settings on my device i didn't turn device manager on.

I am aware that the following requirements have to be on from my phone : signed in to your Google Account, location settings are on, and that you've turned on Android Device Manager in Google Settings. However, not all of mine were on before my phone got stolen. So can i turn them on from my Google account on my computer so that i can go ahead with the wiping of the phone?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There's no way to enable ADM remotely.

Android Device Manager is normally on by default under Security - Device Administrators. If you logged in on a pc and it's not there though, then it would be off.

If the device is named in the ADM screen, then as far as I know, you only need Location on when trying to "locate" it.
You can still send instructions to Lock or Factory reset it while it's off. It will activate when turned on and it has a data connection.

If it was stolen and they wipe it you are out of luck there (they would want the device more than your information). You can block the imei with the help of your carrier. I would change the passwords you are worried about.
You can leave a message and a contact number dial button with the Lock function, if someone finds it and wants to return it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty