Why is my network data getting used up so fast each month?

A

AC Question

Any ideas on what might be eating up my monthly data? It seems like my data is disappearing way too rapidly every month. I am using Pageplus, and up until now, I was going with the 500 MB plan. I kept running out of data, so this month, I chose the 1 GB plan. I've only had the plan about a week, and already my phone has used over 350 MB of data. I try to mostly use the internet and apps on my Wifi at home. And I have really been trying to avoid using Apps such as Pandora on the 4G network. The only thing I can think of that "might" be draining my data is:

1. Location Services -- I tried turning that off most of the time today when I was away from my Wifi, and I "think" it might have slowed my data consumption down some.

2. Apps running in the background -- I went through a bunch of my "non-essential" apps and turned off the automatic notifications. Don't really see how they'd be using that much data, but thought I would try it anyways.

Anyways, as I said, I just can't understand how I could use over 350 MB in a week when I haven't been using game or music apps on the 4G network....the most I really have been doing is maybe occasionally check Facebook and emails, or read a news article, but I have been keeping that to a minimum.

Am I on the right track? I previously was using a Droid Incredible 2 on Pageplus, and it seemed like I could listen to Pandora some at work, and still have data left at the end of the month. Not anymore. Are there certain apps that run in the background that really suck up data? Any other ideas?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty