My Galaxy s5 won't update. downloads everything then says interrupted and won't finish

A

AC Question

It downloads everything then says interrupted and won't finish. I took it to the AT&T repair store 2 months ago and he said not to do the update. But we have another one, and it's updated fine. HELP Please!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Or a Samsung Store at Best Buy, I think.

Yes, they do also..both will if not rooted or they don't check.

The actions make me wonder if it is rooted. That is exactly what my S5 did with the Lollipop update before I froze the AT&T updater. I rolled back a Kernel, simply rooted with TowelRoot, didn't flash any ROM. Just rooted to be able to uninstall bloatware. I was running not just official Samsung KitKat, but the KitKat that came on my phone.

It would download the update, start the install and never finish. I had to unroot, flash an official something through Odin, then do 3 OTA updates to my kernel, then upgrade to Lollipop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It downloads everything then says interrupted and won't finish. I took it to the AT&T repair store 2 months ago and he said not to do the update. But we have another one, and it's updated fine. HELP Please!!

If you are rooted, let me know. I have a step by step link to unroot, get everything back to where you need it, to update normally.

Also, last I read, if you are rooted and want to keep root and update to Lollipop, there was a method to do that with the S5 and I think AT&T was included, but you had to do that before upgrading to Lollipop.

dhigginx1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 ATT it is model SM-G900A. I tried towelroot several months ago it seems to have failed to allow me root access. None of the root-checking programs register that I have root access. When the phone reboots is says Custom and show a picture of an unlocked lock. OTA updates fail, what am I to do to unroot my phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty