My phone screen (Galaxy S3) is tinted a very dark pink/purple; will a screen replace fix it?

A

AC Question

Ok so my phone screen was already cracked, but it's been that way for months with no problems. Today, my family had a cook out and my phone was outside for a while. It was in the shade, but when I went in later tonight there was a dark blue/purple splotch in the bottom corner of my screen, with light purple in random places around the screen.

At this time, the light purple around the screen was barely noticeable. After about an hour, it got noticeably darker and spread a little. Most of my screen was still alright, however, so I decided to turn my phone off for a while.

I turned it back on after around two hours and the entire screen was purple. It's been about an hour or two since, and i can still see my screen (albeit the color does make it a little difficult), but I think it's getting worse.

I was about to try a factory reset, and I was wondering if it would help? I was also considering replacing my screen. Will this fix the problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's usually a bad sign for the screen. It's probably best to replace it if you can. Take this opportunity to backup or sync all of the data on the phone before the screen completely fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty