What is the normal life of a Galaxy S 3 battery that is recharged everyday.

A

AC Question

How many years of service should I expect from the original Galaxy S 3 battery, Use discharges it to about 50 % daily and it is recharged over night .

IlluminAppti

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't think there's an accurate way to predict the life of it.

All depends on; dust, what you're downloading, temperature of the room, how often you use it etc. etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about how long the battery will last. I have friends that were constantly concerned with the battery life of their products, but rarely the battery was the cause of the phone's demise.

I'd say, you should be expecting a good few years out of it. 4/5+ maybe.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I figure that it might not actually be the battery that is the issue but instead the number of applications I have running that are constantly "checking" things while the phone is asleep. (I think these are called "wake lock" apps.) I have a Note 2, and it will lose 50% overnight if it's not plugged in.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not how often it's charged, it's how low you let it discharge before charging it. If you never let it drop below 40%, it should last for years. If you use it until the phone shuts off every day, it'll be dead in about 6 months.

50% happens to be about the best charging point for longest life. You'll probably get tired of the phone long before the battery shows signs of losing capacity. Considering that it's an S3, you might find that apps are getting too large for it to install the latest ones (and the CPU isn't fast enough to run them well) even before you get tired of the phone. (My 11 year old V-551 original batteries [I always carry a spare] still give me about 95% capacity.)

And even if the battery should go (if it grows a dendrite - something the industry still hasn't figured out how to predict or prevent - it has to be replaced, even if it happens a few months into its life), an Anker battery for the S3 (I like them better than Samsung batteries) is only $10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty