Just lost my Smartphone cherry, got tons of questions.

A

AC Question

So I just got a Samsung Galaxy s4, and I have a ton of questions. Some I tried to look up on the net but never found an answer I been satisfied with.

Here we go.

1: Is there a way to have mutiple email accounts, have the login and password saved, but require a pin code or something to actually read any of the emails or even get into it? Like a diffrent pin for each account?

2: How would I check if my phone can be upgraded? Mine has 4.2.2 android, is there an easy way to check if I can upgrade to to 5.0, and if so what are the risks and how safe is the upgrade process.

3: I heard something about "app cleaning" a way to I guess lower the amount of stuff that loads and runs int he background to improve battery life and overall speed, how exactly does one do this and what are some apps you reccomend to shut down/disabled on start/poweron load?

4: Any general tips be nice, and if you know of a forum where you can look for reviews of the games avail on it, and such sorted by category etc that would be great too.

Thanks all.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
1) It's possible to run multiple email accounts on your device, that part it no problem. However, I don't believe there's a way to set it up so each is protected by a unique PIN.
2) To check for updates (make sure you're on wifi, as any updates will be a rather large download) go to settings, more/general, about phone. I believe that should bring you to a screen that will mention software updates.
3) App cleaners actually hurt more then they help - unlike Windows PC software, which likes to have a lot of RAM empty, Android is designed to run with the RAM filled up as much as possible. Cleaner apps will clear the RAM and the phone has to work harder (and use more battery) to fill it up, which uses more battery. You're better off disabling or uninstalling apps you don't use. Some factory installed apps can be uninstalled, however most cannot. At best you can disable some of them, but beware of what you're doing. Disabling the wrong app could make other apps not function properly
4) Play store reviews are a good start, but if you just google search for reviews on a specific app, you should find the info you're looking for. There are gamer forums all over, you just have to look for the info

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I just got a Samsung Galaxy s4, and I have a ton of questions. Some I tried to look up on the net but never found an answer I been satisfied with.

Here we go.

1: Is there a way to have mutiple email accounts, have the login and password saved, but require a pin code or something to actually read any of the emails or even get into it? Like a diffrent pin for each account?

2: How would I check if my phone can be upgraded? Mine has 4.2.2 android, is there an easy way to check if I can upgrade to to 5.0, and if so what are the risks and how safe is the upgrade process.

3: I heard something about "app cleaning" a way to I guess lower the amount of stuff that loads and runs int he background to improve battery life and overall speed, how exactly does one do this and what are some apps you reccomend to shut down/disabled on start/poweron load?

4: Any general tips be nice, and if you know of a forum where you can look for reviews of the games avail on it, and such sorted by category etc that would be great too.

Thanks all.

Welcome to Samsung!

Our Samsung forums have a lot of info and experienced users. Myself, I'm a self-professed Samsung Girl. As far as the Note series and S series, the only two phones I have not had are the S4 and S6..I even had the S :) I also had Samsungs long before the smartphones came out, so I have been dealing with Samsung for years.

Most Samsung S and Notes pretty much work the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress