Galaxy S6 battery - why is mine so bad?

A

AC Question

Hello:
I bought a new S6 this past Friday. I only got about 6 hours of battery life out of it. Over the weekend, I've been getting about 6-7 hours total.

I turned off auto brightness. I'm a blogger and use my phone a fair amount, but 6-7 hours seems ridiculous. I upgraded from the S3 and constantly had to charge it (it was about 3 years old) so if this continues I may have to switch to the dark side (iPhone 6) this week instead :(. I have an iPad which I love but prefer Android for my phone.

I chatted with Verizon via Twitter DM today and they said the usual (try turning off bluetooth when not using it, etc.). Any other tips? Right now I'm at 50% and I've only been using it from 7:30am - now (about 12pm), though it started at 88%.

I also unplugged it last night around 2:30am (it was at 100%) and it was at 88% when I woke up (7:30am), which means it drained 12% in 5 hours.

When I'm actively using it, it seems to drain about 10% per hour.

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Could you post a screen shot of the battery usage stats? Also, make sure you don't have any automatic syncing of data while on data or while not charging. That could be another reason why you are experience high battery usage.