Why can't I download apps or update apps on my LG G Stylo?

A

AC Question

I tried a soft and Hard reset.
I was finally able to download something by restarting the phone but it only downloaded/updated one thing and then it wouldn't let me download something again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about Google Play Store? Are you getting an error message? Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, then go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account completely, then add it back.

Kevin Segura

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
hey its the Guest who asked the question. yes it is on google play and I do get an error sometimes, i do if it downloads, error 489. It either gets stuck on downloading or it starts to install/update then stops and freezes in the middle of a download or I get an error. I got this phone on 3 days ago, it was fine until my brother did a factory reset. After that it wouldnt download anything. I ended up doing like 5 factory resets hoping it will fix it but I was wrong.

Htown31

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello ,yesterday a new update came out for lgls620, i have plenty of space and it simply would not allow me to download. Its an lg update not google, i clear the cache, i even downloaded an app from google play store (app cache clearer) and it still didnt work. Any suggestion please?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Reboot your router if using wifi to download apps.

Also, use an app to find the true storage space left on your phone. Do not rely on the phone's storage amount listed in settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38