Google hangouts saving pictures to google+ AND Picasa web albums, help!

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a Samsung s4. I use google hangouts in place of google voice. I chat on it on my phone and also on my computer. Every single time I send a photo, for some reason it is saves it in both picasa web albums AND on google+. I have to go into both places to delete everything, twice. This is really frustrating. I have searched forums and google for answers and can't find a solution. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Picasa and Google Photos are essentially the same thing. Google acquired Picasa years ago and folded it into Google+ Photos, and then more recently split it off into Google Photos (no longer integrated with Google+). You still see Picasa mentioned primarily in Samsung devices, because they use that to designate photos from your Google Photos cloud that are being shown in the stock Gallery app.

When you send a photo to someone else via Hangouts, it uploads the photo to your Google Photos (aka Picasa) account, and then privately shares the link to the recipient. No one else can see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus