VISIONary issue- how do I root my Evo Shift?

A

AC Question

I am trying to root an HTC Evo Shift 4G, in order to remove bloatware. Kingo didn't work with it. VISIONary also did not work, giving me a black screen, though a search suggests this is a common issue with phones running this version of Android and there isn't much I can do about it. Almost every guide specific to my phone says to at least temproot with VISIONary, so I'm not sure what to do. I have just factory reset the phone. It is running Android 2.3.4, HTC Sense 2.1. Do I use a different program, do something manually that these programs do automatically, etc? I am a complete novice as far as smartphones are considered and would appreciate a "for dummies" approach.

I will also accept non-rooting ways to remove five different sports apps, three different finance apps, a defunct version of twitter, and more, but my research thus far has led me to believe such a solution does not exist. I really shouldn't have to make a blood sacrifice when the stars are in perfect alignment to get rid of all this useless junk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch