How do I apply a notification sound in my File Manager?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

LG G8 thinQ: I have a notification sound folder in File Manager that I would like to use just as a text notification sound. How do I move it from that folder to apply it to
my list of notification sounds to be able to use it? Is there a way to use it only as the text message sound? I want to have one sound just for texts, and a different sound for all other notifications

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select your text messaging app, then notifications, and look for the default tone option there. Tap it, then tap Sound. You should see your custom notification tone available to select -- there's no need to move the file anywhere. Be aware that you typically can only use mp3, wav, or ogg files.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
From your file manager internal storage long press the custom notification tone in the folder you see it and choose copy or move to notification folder or if notification folder not shown in file manager then create then send to that folder and you will see the new custom notification on notification list

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali