Charging port died on Moto X, then on warranty replacement phone one week later

A

AC Question

A couple of weeks ago my Moto X (gen 2) started charging intermittently. I tried seven different cables from five different power sources to make sure it was a problem with the phone itself. Once it got to the point where it would not charge the majority of the time, I had it replaced on warranty. It was only 3 months old, no damage of any kind.

It's been one week since receiving it and now and the warranty phone won't charge at all. Three different cables from three different power sources (laptop usb port, 1 amp wall wart, and a wall socket with integrated usb charging port).

I can't seem to find any references to this problem online. One thing I just noticed is that my charging cable at work looked kind of gunked up. Cleaning it had no effect and I'm hesitant to mess with the charging port itself without guidance. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the OEM supplied charger? The only thing I can think of is that there was damage to the charger port either by using a generic charger or forcing the cable into the device has damaged the port.

Have you contacted Moto for another warranty repair and/or suggestion to prevent this from happening in the future?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86