Could another app be interfering with my Tasker?

fakeidentity

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I posted a similar question yesterday but didn't get an answer, hope it's OK to try again once I have thought through it some more.

I'm new to Tasker, but I've written several successful tasks with no problem. The problem came when I tried to write an auto-responding task I could set to reply to texts when I was asleep. It was written in accordance with explicit instructions I found online, but it didn't work. I then downloaded a Profile that was supposed to do the same thing- and it also didn't work. So I'm worried that maybe something else is preventing my phone from auto-sending text messages. Any ideas? Thanks.

Here's my task, as written. Yes, I put in my own phone number, because I couldn't get it working and didn't want to bother the rest of the world with my messups.

Profile: Test

Received text
Type: Any
Sender: (my number) (for test purposes)

-> task: Test

Set to On.

Task: Test

1. Send SMS
Number %SMSRF
If %SMSRF ~ (my number)

fakeidentity

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
OK, turns out I needed to root it to get an autoresponse. For anyone who encounters the same problem, I tried to post a link to a Youtube video but I guess I haven't made enough posts on my profile to include links. I found the one by Akson Entertainment helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress