How do I keep my music player from playing old voice recorder files?

A

AC Question

I recently got a new phone and transferred all my files to the new phone via sd card. My problem is that all my voice recorder files from the old phone were somehow converted to a different format, and Google Play Music now recognizes them as music files. It's not a big problem but I would like to avoid having random recordings pop up while I'm listening to music...

I've tried editing the file extension to match the extension on recordings I've made with the new phone (m4a). While this does stop the music player from finding and playing the file, it also removes it from the Voice Recorder file list.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Make sure those files are in their own folder, and then create a blank file called ".nomedia" in that folder. .nomedia instructs the system's Media Scanner to ignore that folder when searching for media to add to the Gallery and Music databases. Many (but not all) file manager apps can create this kind of file, so try a few and see which one works.

Vaulty0057

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi. 1st time poster here.

Same exact problem. Upgraded from S4 to Note 4. On S4 the voice recordings were separated out from the music player. Note 4 this is not the case as others have pointed out. I tried the ".nomedia" approach which works but then the voice recording files arent available in the voice recorder. Needless to say this is a bistupid. Is there any apps/better approach for keeping both music and recordings available but segregated??

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa