I have a phone contract with AT&T can I buy a used smartphone from ebay and just switch my SIM card?

A

AC Question

I have a phone contract with AT&T can I buy a used smartphone from ebay and just switch my SIM card?

My S3 is dying but I don't want the latest version of smart phone from AT&T because they're super expensive. Am I able to just buy a different android smartphone from ebay or something and switch my SIM card? Or does AT&T have to do something to it in order for it to work?

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a phone contract with AT&T can I buy a used smartphone from ebay and just switch my SIM c

My S3 is dying but I don't want the latest version of smart phone from AT&T because they're super expensive. Am I able to just buy a different android smartphone from ebay or something and switch my SIM card? Or does AT&T have to do something to it in order for it to work?

Welcome to Android Central.

As long as you are buying an at&t phone, you should be good to go by just popping in your SIM (as long as the new phone uses the same size SIM). If it uses a different size SIM, you would need to purchase a SIM adapter or cutter, whichever is appropriate.

If you are buying a non-at&t, unlocked device, make sure it is compatible with the at&t network.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89