What is the normal battery availability for an 8 month Nexus 5, with no use of WiFi or Mobile Data?

A

AC Question

Over night, my battery started draining.
Normally, after a full charge, it shows that I have 18 hours of battery under low/medium use of internet (WiFi and 4G combined), but now all of a sudden it's 6 hours even if I uninstalled all the apps which are constantly syncing and turned off all notifications, and GPS.
The phone is 8 months old, still covered by 2-year standard warranty.
Should I use the warranty, or is this a normal wear/tear category thing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Assuming that the battery hasn't been abused (e.g., draining it to zero repeatedly), that's pretty abnormal behavior. This kind of thing can be due to an app that is malfunctioning. If you can catch the phone when the battery's draining, but hasn't drained completely, show us the following:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Andi Kilin

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
After reading from forums, i got the advice to reset my phone - so I did it, and now it appears to have gone back to normal (after a full charge it now says 12 hours when WiFi/Data is activated).

I hope it stays this way, otherwise I will post screenshots as you asked.

Thanks for fast reply, anyway.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana