Which Android Email Clients Provide an Option NOT to sync deletions?

A

AC Question

I've spent much of the last few days trying to find a solution to a disappearing email problem:

In short, since moving from an HTC One M7 to a Galaxy S6, I've discovered that pretty much all current email clients sync server deletions with your Android mailbox. This means that if (like me) you use Outlook on desktop, which is set to delete downloaded emails on the mail server, all the emails on your phone disappear as soon as you dwonload on your desktop system.

Leaving emails on the mail server is not an option, as it would use too much space, so I have to find a way for my phone emails NOT to get deleted when they get deleted on the server.

From what I can make out, this means I need an Android mail client that gives me the option not to sync deletions. So far I've discovered 1 such App - K9 Mail.

Is anyone aware of any other clients that allow this, support Pop3 or IMAP accounts and are good? Outlook for Android doesn't, netiher does CloudMagic, Type Mail, MyMail or Mailbox.

Has anyone else been through this and found a client (or a different solution) that keeps emails on the phone, even if they're deleted off the server?

Thanks for any help.

Jules

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non