S6 Gmail app won't clear notifications (after read or archive)

A

AC Question

Moved from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to an S6 and am suddenly having a problem with Gmail notifications. When I get a new email, the notification pops up correctly, but it seems like nothing will cause the notification to automatically clear (the only way to clear the notification is to press the "Clear All [notifications]" button).

So if I get a new message, open and archive it on a desktop computer, the notification never disappears from my phone. When I go into the Gmail app on the phone, it won't show this message listed in the inbox, yet the notification related to it is still in the notification tray.

Even if I press the "Archive" button on a new message notification, the notification won't disappear - a new notification will pop up underneath which says "Message Archived", yet the notification is still present and will persist until I manually "Clear All" notifications.

Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain those notifications are from the Gmail app? Could they possibly be from the Email app, in case you have your Gmail account also added to the stock Email app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez