Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0.

Just now my friend called me on the landline, concerned because I didn't answer his Whatsapp notification. I told him I didn't receive one. So I unlocked my S5, and there was no notification on the screen.

However, 4 or 5 seconds after doing that, the Whatsapp notification came through. The message was sent at 16:29, however I unlocked my phone at 20:10.

It seems like coincidence though that the notification came through just a few seconds after I picked up and unlocked my phone. This doesn't feel like Whatsapp's fault, to me it seems like some setting (either in Android or Whatsapp) which is preventing notifications that I need to turn on or off.

I'd much rather the notification came through immediately, rather than waiting until I pick up my phone.

I checked, and under "App optimisation", Whatsapp is set to "Disabled for", so it's not that.

Is there anything else I can check, i.e. some kind of setting that says "notify me all the time of all applications immediately, no matter what, no exceptions"?

Thanks in advance.
    11-09-2015 01:41 AM
    Hi,
    Does anyone have a solution to the question above as I exactly the same problem with my Samsung J5. Its driving me nuts. Please help !!
    TIA Karen
    06-13-2016 10:54 AM
    I never worked out a solution, sorry! Although, it's only done it once or twice more since I started this thread, 99% of the time the notification comes through as planned. Sorry I don't have better news.
    06-13-2016 10:57 AM