Didn't receive a Whatsapp notification until I unlocked my phone 4 hrs after; anything I can check?

nzseries1

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0.

Just now my friend called me on the landline, concerned because I didn't answer his Whatsapp notification. I told him I didn't receive one. So I unlocked my S5, and there was no notification on the screen.

However, 4 or 5 seconds after doing that, the Whatsapp notification came through. The message was sent at 16:29, however I unlocked my phone at 20:10.

It seems like coincidence though that the notification came through just a few seconds after I picked up and unlocked my phone. This doesn't feel like Whatsapp's fault, to me it seems like some setting (either in Android or Whatsapp) which is preventing notifications that I need to turn on or off.

I'd much rather the notification came through immediately, rather than waiting until I pick up my phone.

I checked, and under "App optimisation", Whatsapp is set to "Disabled for", so it's not that.

Is there anything else I can check, i.e. some kind of setting that says "notify me all the time of all applications immediately, no matter what, no exceptions"?

Thanks in advance.

nzseries1

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I never worked out a solution, sorry! Although, it's only done it once or twice more since I started this thread, 99% of the time the notification comes through as planned. Sorry I don't have better news.