Why is my screenshots not showing up on my gallery ?

A

AC Question

Okay so. I have a problem with my screenshot and gallery. When i take a screentshot ans i go to my gallery i csnt see it. But when i get on tgrough another app for example like thrrough faceboon it shows all the screenshots and dowload i haave byt cant actually see them in the gallery. Somone pleasse help...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AndroidCentral.

What device do you have?

Are you storing your screenshots on phone storage or a microSD card? Do you have a file manager app? If so, does it show the location of the screenshot folder?

CAB1024

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded to Marshmallow today. I formatted my sd card for internal storage and now i can't find the new screenshots I've made with Gallery, though they are somewhere. I can dig down with Google Photos and find them. What gives?

Mare Night

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I've started having this issue just since an upgrade yesterday myself. I have a Galaxy S7. I did several AR Pokemon in game screenshots and none of them are showing in my gallery. I did an AR in game screenshot a week ago and it saved. Direct swipe screenshots ARE showing however from today. :confused:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the folder the screenshot files are in. If there's a file named .nomedia in that folder (or any folder above it), no media files (music, pictures, etc.) will be found except by file managers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "other" screenshot? Do you mean you can see some screenshots, but not others? Which phone do you have? Which gallery app are you using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty