Get rid of the new obsticles when trying to use the phone.

Emerogork

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
All I want is the my normal desktop, with my selected apps and folders, that I had before the "Update".

I now have a new series of blocks preventing me from using the phone. I see no folders or applications until I perform a series of finger calisthenics.

I start up but the screen is effectively blank. It tells me to swipe but when I do, I get my camera. I swipe differently and I get my phone list. I swipe down and I get 6 other options such as Wifi, Bluetooth, and oh yes, THERE is the flash mode. (I had to switch the phone off before it would turn off yet I did not turn it on.) It is not until after a series of unfortunate events until I finally get to my clock or schedule.

Messages come onto the screen but the screen blanks times out before I can even focus on the warnings. Screen time is set to maximum.

Update Google Play and GPS assist are the latest messages and I will NEVER use them but I have to address them every time I use the phone. Was this update designed by Windows?

Now when I try to place a phone call, I am instructed to turn off Airplane mode. I never switched it on and I see no way to turn it off. Why is this not an option at the same time the message shows?

I am starting to use my Microsoft vocabulary with this update.....

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi again Emero. Which phone are you using? Moto G? It looks like you updated to Lollipop, right? After this update you can trigger different actions from the lock screen, depending on which direction you swipe.

Right - camera.
Left - dialer.
Down - expand notifications.
Up - unlock and home screen.

Google Play services will update in the background after you stay connected on WiFi. This process is the backbone for all your Google apps.

That GPS notification will appear every time you power your phone on if you have location settings off. Sorry, nothing you can do about that.

You can switch airplane mode on & off in your quick settings. You need to swipe down twice from the status bar or just once if you use two fingers at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana