LG G4 Miracast compatible with a Sony BDP-S5200?

A

AC Question

Soooooo, here is my issue:

I have a Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray player (2015 Model). I live in the boondocks, with no cable or DSL for internet. Basically, my phone is my internet. I have been using a Droid Ultra to perform screen mirroring so that I can watch my phone apps (Crackle, Hulu, etc) on my big screen.

A week ago, I upgraded my cell phone from the Droid Ultra to a new LG G4. Since upgrading, I have not been able to use miracast. I turn on the "Screen mirroring" on my Blu-ray player, then go to my phone and turn on miracast. It searches and finds the Blu-ray, I tap on it to start, and it shows on both the phone and the Blu-ray that it is connecting. After about 30 seconds or so, I get a message on the TV screen stating "Communications with Wi-Fi compatible device was disconnected".

It worked with my Motorola Droid, as well as my friends LG G3. Does anyone out there have a G4 phone and a BDP-S5200 blu-ray that work with Miracast?

I'd really need this to work so I can watch my shows. Thanks in advance for your help.

Viet_Vet

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
LG Tech Support was totally useless. Called twice, took almost an hour, and got some nice young lady that was obviously reading a script on her screen. She didn't know anything about the settings, and didn't have a clue what Miracast was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez