Problems with Chromecast on desktop!

A

AC Question

Please, please, please somebody help me!!!! I have Chromecast in my phone which I can transfer shows to my TV with no problem. I'm trying to get WWE matches, pay per views on the TV. I was told I needed the WWE app so I downloaded that, nada. I was told I needed an Ethernet running from my desktop to the TV, didn't do this yet. When I fire up the desk top it says and I quote " NO BIG DEAL BUT YOUR WIFI IS OFF". My WIFI is for my phone plus I just listened to a video that says as long as I have a HDMI I'm good to go bcuz Chromecast has it's own WIFI. I have been trying to do get this accomplished for 2 years now. I started with the HDMI cable. Ran that dam thing from my computer to my TV, nada. I'm trying to avoid a computer tech bill but I guess that's probably what I should have done in the first place. I'm not computer literate so that's part of the problem but Chromecast was supposed to be sooooo simple! BS! If anyone and I mean anyone can help me with this you have no idea how thankful I would be before I go BALD! I've submitted this problem before but never see any answers, solutions, nothing. Linda

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Chromecast has its own wifi - to connect to your wifi network. If you don't have a wifi network, it won't work.

I just ran Chrome on my Windows 8.1 desktop, opened a tab to a site, clicked the Cast icon (to the right of the address bar), told it to cast to one of my Chromecast apps, and it did. Both Chromecast and the desktop are connected to the same router. (I just tried Youtube on Chrome, and it cast too.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty