My moto g wont work! URGENT

A

AC Question

So heres the story:
my phone charger broke like it was cracked and wire was hanging out and would only work if you had it very carefully positioned. Eventually it stopped all together and my phone died so i ordered a new one. It took like 3 days so my phone was just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. So i get the new charger, plug my phone in, and it brings up the picture of the battery with a 0% so im like ok. And then the motorola turn on screen thing comes on and it vibrates and im like oh its powering on. BUT it just stayed on the boot up screen the entire time it was charging and when it was off the charger and it wont go off and stays on that screen until it dies again. Now i did the thing where you press the power and volume button and press recovery but it just comes up with a dead android and the words no command. Nothing is working what do i do

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hold Power until the phone shuts down. You don't need Recovery Mode so far as I can see. It's possible that the USB port connector is damaged.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see. That's more complicated. But it does seem that you can boot into Recovery. When you see the No Command screen, hold Power and press Vol Up once. Of the options that ought to appear, I'm not sure which would be helpful, but you could try Wipe Cache Partition, or, if your personal data is safely backed up, Factory Reset. Use the Volume rocker to select an option, and press Power to execute it. But I'm not very confident that either of those options will help....there seems to be something else going on. You may need to reflash the firmware. If it's not that, repairer attention may be the best way.
Keep us posted....we'll help all we can.

Also, welcome as a new member. :)