Question Motorola Moto x

Wonderingknome

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
I’ve done an external factory reset on the phone, but it’s stuck in the start up process. I press the “let’s go” start button ,and it takes me straight to the configuring service screen without asking for WiFi! How do I fix this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by the "configuring service screen"? Do you mean for a wireless carrier?

The Moto X is an 11 year old phone, and back then, if a phone was sold by a carrier, they could make it so you had to activate it on their service. You might not be able to bypass this and just use it on wi-fi. In addition, such an old phone will no doubt encounter lots of incompatibilities with modern apps, services, and even browsing the web, since the security protocols it uses are likely too out of date.

Wonderingknome

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by the "configuring service screen"? Do you mean for a wireless carrier?

The Moto X is an 11 year old phone, and back then, if a phone was sold by a carrier, they could make it so you had to activate it on their service. You might not be able to bypass this and just use it on wi-fi. In addition, such an old phone will no doubt encounter lots of incompatibilities with modern apps, services, and even browsing the web, since the security protocols it uses are likely too out of date.
Ok I understand my other question was are you able to unlock it and update it surely it still has life in it plus I know this phone is at least six to seven years old I’m not to sure I didn’t use it for long I bought the phone completely I was only using the service I just wanted to use it for work is all

Wonderingknome

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
Ok I understand my other question was are you able to unlock it and update it surely it still has life in it plus I know this phone is at least six to seven years old I’m not to sure I didn’t use it for long I bought the phone completely I was only using the service I just wanted to use it for work is all
Also I’m not sure which Moto it is I thought it was the X or the E4 !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even a 6-7 year old phone may be too out of date, especially from Motorola (which, after it was sold by Google to Lenovo, became much less reliable when it comes to updates).

If it's stuck in the carrier activation screen, then as I mentioned before, you may not be able to bypass that. Really old Moto phones (like the 1st gen Moto G) had a trick where you could tap all four corners of the screen in sequence on the carrier activation screen, and that would skip it, but I think they took that away soon after.

Can you take a picture of the activation screen with another device and show us what it looks like? I just want to make sure we're not missing a tiny "Skip" option anywhere on the screen.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali