S4 mini music woes

A

AC Question

I have an S4 mini with a 64 GB micro SD card, and I have 4016 songs in my music collection, which totals 28.4 GB.

Mostly, copying songs over and *not* converting them works fine, except some songs lose their artist (and just their artist) from their tags. This happens to individual songs (like Highway Star from Deep Purple, The Platinum Collection album) and to an album now (Disturbed's latest album, Immortalized). Also, some songs are missing, as Samsung's Music Player only shows 4007 songs.

These issues are the same no matter what player I use on Android, including Google Play music and several third party apps I tried.

Now the obvious solution would be to convert, but that introduces audio glitches to my music, which is even worse than the current situation.

All my music is legal, I bought it all on CDs, eMusic or iTunes over the past 15 years, with a usual budget of about 10 euros/month. All the files are either mp3 or m4a, which should play fine as far as I'm aware.

I have no idea what to do to solve these issues, and I would appreciate any help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
AAC (m4a) music files from iTunes typically have issues with ID3 tags on Android devices. Some Android devices might also lack native compatibility for AAC files (or some of those files might still have DRM, i.e. copy protection). Are all of the problem files AAC?

Riversz

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
@B. Diddy
The files with lost artist information are all mp4 files. I can't speak for the songs that are missing as I'm not entirely sure which those are. I never bought music online that had DRM on it, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Converting to wma files fixes the tags, but the glitches introduced to the music makes it unusable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty