First track of album in music directory but music players cannot find it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used WMP12 under Win 10 to rip and sync an album to my S8+ Android 9. If you look in Music/artist/album-name the first track in the album is where it's supposed to be, properly named - if hooked up to your PC you can play the MP3 from your phone. . You go into a music player on the phone - the first track and is listed as being in an unnamed album with the name having no song. Does not matter what phone, what PC. Does not happen on an old Telarc disc, but did happen on a number of ripped CD's. Physically the track is right where it's supposed to me.

Also, the CD has proper album art - how can you copy that cover art to the phone? I use cover art tools to find the Linda Rondstadt very best of art - which shows in WMP - but not on the phone, and cannot be found in the cover art tools. How can I copy it over?

pbug56

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
First music track / mp3 exists in phone but in media players listed as unknown

I used WMP12 under Win 10 to rip and sync an album to my S8+ Android 9. If you look in Music/artist/album-name the first track in the album is where it's supposed to be, properly named - if hooked up to your PC you can play the MP3 from your phone. . You go into a music player on the phone - the first track and is listed as being in an unnamed album with the name having no song. Does not matter what phone, what PC. Does not happen on an old Telarc disc, but did happen on a number of ripped CD's. Physically the track is right where it's supposed to me.

Also, the CD has proper album art - how can you copy that cover art to the phone? I use cover art tools to find the Linda Rondstadt very best of art - which shows in WMP - but not on the phone, and cannot be found in the cover art tools. How can I copy it over?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Using Windows Media Player (or other media editing programs like Media Monkey), look at the ID4 tag information for the first album track on the phone's storage. Is it correct there, or did it somehow get altered?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz