I have a Galaxy s7 edge and my screen won't turn off

A

AC Question

I've tried holding the button down, to at least get the power off option, but nothing... why is this happening???

Zulufoxtrot29

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Okay. This morning my S7 would not turn off, its not the edge, but basically the same phone. You must hold down the power, the volume up and down all at the same time for about 15 seconds. (All 3 buttons). It will go into safe mode. In the safe mode screen hit the volume button down a few times until it moves to restart. Click the power button, as "enter" and the phone will restart. It did a restart and I tried again to turn it off and this time, it did work. I will keep you all updated if I have any more issues.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. This morning my S7 would not turn off, its not the edge, but basically the same phone. You must hold down the power, the volume up and down all at the same time for about 15 seconds. (All 3 buttons). It will go into safe mode. In the safe mode screen hit the volume button down a few times until it moves to restart. Click the power button, as "enter" and the phone will restart. It did a restart and I tried again to turn it off and this time, it did work. I will keep you all updated if I have any more issues.

Welcome as a new member and thank you for the tip. :)

jeffb1959

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. My wife has had her Galaxy S7 for two days. Today the power button stopped working. We did the safe mode option mentioned above and it worked. I wonder if it will happen again. Sounds like a defect that needs to be addressed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. My wife has had her Galaxy S7 for two days. Today the power button stopped working. We did the safe mode option mentioned above and it worked. I wonder if it will happen again. Sounds like a defect that needs to be addressed.

Welcome also as a new member and thank you for the feedback. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

bjbrum

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I just had the opposite experience today. My screen was off, but I could not get it back on. THANK YOU for the tip with the power button/volume keys. It worked (I think).
BTW...my phone is 3 days old.
:-\

daniel harner

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

This helped for me as well. Hopefully it doesn't become a constant issue. I've had my phone for about 4 days. Perhaps an system update will eventually resolve the problem.

wbj97

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Today my screen wouldn't turn on and the power button has failed. Spent over an hour with tech support, can't even get the phone to turn off. Tech support said they have never seen this issue before. Had the phone since March 13. Looks like some ugly flaws are starting to show.... Going to try and get a new phone tomorrow.

S7 Edge

wbj97

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Have you guys updated? I've had 2 or 3 bug fix and security updates since I got the phone.

I had my phone all up to date including apps. Phone was working great for 2 days after the last updates. Absolutely no sign of impending failure. This appears to be a hardware failure of some sort...

Last edited:

Mamma C

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much for this post! My S7 Edge is less than a month old and has frozen 4x so far. This tip worked perfectly. Did your phone keep giving you trouble with freezing? I'm considering taking it back but I know it will be hassle! 😊😊

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty