why am I getting "pname":com redirects on web search

A

AC Question

Galaxy S3, not rooted, on Verizon, while using Google search I often get a new window with a "pname":com... redirect in the search box. Example pname:com.foxnews.android , or This started 3-11-16. If I disable JavaScript the problem goes away.

Benny452

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Im getting the same since yesterday. I suspect it is a rootkits from a link posted by a hacker on Facebook.

They go in to groups and start posting lots of different links to get maximum people to click on them then the rootkit seems to upload malware

ckmobile

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am new here and signed up tonight. This is weird, I am getting pname redirects from youtube, and some other sites. It is happening on my tablet, on my cell phone, and on a moto e 2nd gen I have not used in a very long time. I am smart when it comes to being safe, and I am having trouble believing that I have 3 infected devices. I did a factory restore on the tablet and still the redirects. It is NOT happening on Chrome. I use lightning browser on the phone, and stock android browser on the older tablet.

ckmobile

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Well I got up this morning, and google search youtube, click on the link......and now its working. Checked other links and all working. Was it a mobile site hack on those sites ? Will post if it returns. Would really like to hear from others who have had this.