I can't download Google apps after Marshmallow update with WiFi

A

AC Question

My device is Verizon Galaxy 6S edge. I updated OS to Marshmallow (6.0.1) a couple days ago now I can't download Google Apps when using WiFi, it stalls during download (no error message just keep saying downloading). I can download application updates only when I turn off the WiFi and using phone's data. My WiFi is working fine with other deices. I reset the Google account and updated the Google play services but problem is still there.
Any help will be appreciated.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello and Welcome to Android Central Forums!

Try entering recovery mode, and Wiping Cache Partition. This will not delete any data. Please register with us, its Free & Easy!

Hope this helps!

Chris

ACraychee

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I cannot use wifi for downloads or updates from Google Play after the Marshmallow update either. I have wiped the cache partition in recovery mode and it still isn't working. If I turn wifi off, I can download and update apps, but not if wifi is on. Any other suggestions? I have also forgotten the wifi network and reconnected and rebooted numerous times. The app just says "downloading" forever and never installs.
Thanks
Amy

fork_me_la

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I'm on verizon. I can download fine using mobile data from verizon but refuse to work on wifi alone. I can download Samsung apps just fine but google play services are toast. I've tried everything. Even did factory reset. Looks like verizon and samsung screwed us.

Devitate

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I am also experiencing this issue, my wifi works for everything in the house, but not the play store, and other google messaging seem to be broken until I get on mobile data and then the notifications flood in. I have tried everything with my wifi as far as reseting it, I have done a factory reset, WTF?

Galaxy S6 on Verizon
C6300 Netgear Cable Router

dlaiow

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. After lots of playing around trying resolve problem also found can't re-add google account over Wifi any more with Marshmallow, have to use mobile network do it!!! Sometimes play store works for one update the broken again. Also found that doing updates via the website play.google.com also hit by problem, whatever is causing it!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non