Is it true that AT&T no longer allows group texts or photos through wifi on Androids?

A

AC Question

I have a new Nexus 5x and I am finding that I can only send and receive group messages and photos when I have my data plan turned on. I stopped at my local AT&T store and they told me that this is a "new change" that AT&T just started and that it affects Androids. If this is true, it's a secret change, because I don't recall any announcement about this and I was able to send/receive MMS and photos with no problems on the Android I owned until a few weeks ago. If it's true, I'll blow through my data plan pretty quickly because I frequently use group texts and send photos. I'm hoping there is a setting I need to change. I thought I was pretty tech-savvy, but I'm finding that I'm not as quick to understand these things as when I was younger, so I hope there is an easy-to-understand fix. Thanks for any advice!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I would try calling another store, and see if you get the same answer. It wouldn't surprise me though, as the more times you go over your data, the more money they get.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa