Keyboard ALWAYS showing on lock screen. How to hide it or make it so I have to swipe to reveal?

A

AC Question

I'm hoping to get some assistance because this is driving me so batty that I am regretting switching from an iPhone. I bought an S5 with Lollipop 5.1.1. It's encrypted because I check my work email on it and this is a requirement from my company. Because it is encrypted the only lock screen security option I have is a password, all the other options are grayed out. Now this would be fine with me except that the keyboard is ALWAYS up on my lock screen. When I hit the power button to wake it up the cursor is already flashing in the field where the password would be typed and this prompts the keyboard to be up. Therefore whenever I look at my lock screen the keyboard is ALWAYS up and it takes up half the screen. I know this may seem like a minor issue but honestly I can't stand this and how it makes the lock screen look to always have the keyboard showing. I can hit the back button to hide the keyboard but then it either comes right back up as soon as the screen goes to sleep. On iPhone I would have to swipe (slide) to make the keyboard come up. I am looking for a way to make my S5 the same way. I can't find an option anywhere that will let me hide the keyboard or make it so I have to swipe or slide to reveal it. Any assistance on how to do this would be appreciated. I have a friend who can root the phone if need be. I am at my wits end and ready to trade the S5 in for another phone. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty