Galaxy Note 5 Stuck at Boot Loop

A

AC Question

Hello AC.

Last night my GN5 was working absolutely fine. Before I hit the hay, I played some music via Soundcloud. This morning, I went to check some e-mails on my phone, but my phone must've died due to streaming music most of the night(this has never happened before) because I couldn't wake it up.

I hooked up my phone to a charger before turning it back on, then turned it back on, it reached homescreen finally, and it was at about 4%. Then within a second 3%. Then 0%. Phone shut off after that. I waited a few minutes then powered up the phone once more. Went to Galaxy Note 5 logo, then black screen, GN5 logo, etc. Kept boot looping to infinite and beyond(lol).

So...what exactly caused this? I honestly have no idea. First of all, this is a replacement GN5 because my original one got screwed up somehow so Verizon sent me a new one. Not sure if boot loop and replacement unit are linked, but who knows(phone was working great the last two weeks). I did not drop my phone once. No physical damage. No water damage. Completely freak thing. Phone is still Lollipop(5.1.1). Refuse to update to Marshmallow, at least until Google fixes some major flaws with it.

I took this phone to a Verizon store, they couldn't help me there because I told them I really want to save my data(mainly some photos of a recent trip). They then told me to take my phone to a Samsung Center at Best Buy, because they may be able to help save my data by re-flashing most recent firmware. The Samsung employee said that there's a risk of bricking my phone if attempting to re-flash firmware. So then I decided to leave to think about it.

Big question: What are the odds of bricking my phone if I were to re-flash the most recent firmware? Pretty high? Are there any others around here that had a boot looped phone, and re-flashing firmware fixed this issue?

Also, are there ANY other ways to recover my data(photos) if my phone is stuck in boot loop? Absolutely any other possible ways or am I completely SOL?

Also, I've tried these things: Booted into Recovering Mode and cleared Partition Cache, didn't fix. Tried Maintenance Mode to boot into Safe Mode, didn't fix. Tried every other thing, didn't fix.

Thanks in advance!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa