NOT CHARGING (SUDDEN DEATH & BATTERY LOGO) on my Zenfone 2

sighbear

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I am taking up Physics course this semester and my project is related to DC motors and circuit stuff. So out of my curiosity I did this stupidest thing in my life:

I tried to power up a small DC motor using my laptop with a microUSB connector so I opened the connector leaving two terminals of copper wire and connected it to the DC motor. It worked just fine. After that, here comes the stupid part, I tried it to my Zenfone 2 and it suddenly died. I thought it was okay but then I noticed that battery still drains even if it's connected to its oem charger.

Til then it reached 0%, I can't open it so I just left it charging but it is just showing a battery icon with a lightning logo inside.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected it (I saw it as one fix of similar problem in youtube) but still it's not fixed. I factory resetted it once but still no good results.

I can charge it but I still have to reconnect the battery then charge it while it's off. My battery is still healthy because I tried it with another zenfone and it's still working fine.

Can someone help me please?
Could it be an IC problem?

PS. My USB port on my laptop also stopped working. Plz help. 😢

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't draw power from the connector, it's for input (unless you use an OTG cable to reverse it). Bring it to a repair shop and see if it pays to repair it. (You may need a new motherboard and that may not be cheap.)

sighbear

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I went to a technician (not from ASUS Service Center) and told me that it could be a charging IC problem but he doesn't have the components to fix my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87