Should I switch over to Apple?

A

AC Question

I know that iPhones are worse than androids in terms of specs. I've had a new android phone every single year, and it always seems to break down/get worse within the first 6 months. Either the battery starts not lasting, the phone breaks, the phone this and that...there's ALWAYS ISSUES with an android phone the first year.

I now have a Note 4, my brother has the Note 5. Both are broken and it's been a year for me and less than a year for him. My note 4 cannot charge - something is wrong with the charging system because my Samsung tablet can charge but the phone cannot. I'm so sick of having to buy a new phone every year because something is wrong with it.

MEANWHILE, I have an iPod from way back (2010? 2011?) I dropped it many times, it's cracked, still works perfectly. Battery life is phenomenal. maybe there is something to this apple bandwagon after all...

I'm thinking of making the switch right now and buying an iPhone. Note's ******* suck! what do you guys think?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. Maybe it's just how you are using the things. My Galaxy S from 7 years ago and Note 2 from 3 years ago still work perfectly fine. Even after several drops through the years.

So it doesn't look to me like something wrong with Samsung phone quality but rather your own usage. Plus iPhones are apparently even more fragile than some Android phones.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
You should do what you think is best. Android phones do require tweaking and updating and sometimes the occasional factory reset to keep things working right. If you are experiencing broken hardware on your phone, it may indeed be the way you take care of your phone. If you have mostly software issues that you don't want to mess with or can't get working the way you want, apple may be a good move for you. If you are experiencing hardware breakage, I'm afraid you might experience those either way. Good luck with whatever direction you decide to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty