Having trouble with photos and music on SD card

fatbob73

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,

The other day I ejected my SD card, after putting it back in my Z3, both the Sony music app and the Google music app do not see any of my music that is on the SD card. Same thing is happening with my pictures that are on the SD card, neither the Sony photo app nor the Google photo app see any of my pictures. The music and photos are there and on the card and my card appears to be ok. For example, using file commander, I can navigate to the folder where the pictures are located and if I click on a picture, I'm prompted which app I'd like to use to view the picture and I select the Sony photo app (I also select to always use that app to view images) and I see the image. Funny thing is that any new pictures I take are written to the same folder where all of my other pictures are and then in the Sony photo app I only see the new pictures.

As for music, when I select a song using file commander, neither the Sony music app nor the Google music app are offered as apps to use to play music. I therefor select the Sony video app (I select just this once) and the song begins to play.

I've tried force stopping these apps and clearing the cache for these apps and then restarted my phone, but still not working.

Why can't these apps play any music from my SD card or view any pictures on my SD card?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In the future be aware - the Sony Music app and the Google Photo app depend on a database that Media Scan builds - when the phone is started or restarted. If you take the card out (unmount it), the media app deletes all entries from the SD card. Remounting the card doesn't run Media Scan, so the database still doesn't have those files in it. Use media.Re.Scan if you have to force a rescan and don't want to reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo