Locked out of Samsung Galaxy S7 & can't remember password

A

AC Question

Hi all

I tried to get into my phone with the fingerprint option as usual & got a message saying that after a restart, I need to log in with my password to protect my fingerprint. Problem is, I can't remember my password! I don't use many so am a bit baffled. I've tried them all & am now at the point where I'm locked out for an hour. I've been looking on Google & it seems the only options are to reset it or get in via Samsung Findmyphone. I don't have a Samsung account or Findmyphone activated so that rules out that option! I really don't want to reset my phone & lose everything. Can anyone help? Is there a way I can back up my data without being able to access the phone or are there any other tricks for unlocking it other than these two? I have my old phone but doubt I could do a data transfer to it without being able to get into my new phone. Typically, I have just deleted loads of stuff off my old phone so there's not much left to transfer once I can actually get into my new phone :(

DoritoChick74

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I had the same exact thing happen to me on my samsung s6, After my phone did an update, the phone would not let me use my fingerprint and for the life of me could not remember the simple password I used as backup, I did a hard reset and made it worse, then Goodle locked me out of my phone as well, Seems my password for my Google account was not working. I went to Sprint and explained my situation, Luckily I had a friend who worked there and after a long talk with Google and Samsung, My phone is being shipped to Samsung as of Monday to be cleared out, Hopefully they will be able to clear the phone and I can receive my phone back. If not the phone is basically useless, which sucks because we all know how much these phones are. I would suggest you go to your provider and take it from there. Good Luck.

botetta

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I think you should be able to connect it to a computer, then go to the phone's files, and back up your photos, music, etc to your computer, then reset the phone. I don't know if it will let you do it, I haven't tried it, but it's worth giving a try ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo