Solved Locked out of Samsung Phone

mohicky

Apr 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello All

I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra, I normally unlock my phone using the fingerprint and have a password as a secondary option.

I changed my password, this worked and tested it after locking the screen no problem.

Days passed was using my fingerprint to unlock the phone. Then a day ago I put my phone on charge and it wanted the password. I entered the password and it doesn't work. I've tried what the password should be I have forgotten I have to admit but I am now locked out.

I don't have a back up done recently, is there anyway I can back up my data before factory resetting my phone?

Thanks in advance

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello All

I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra, I normally unlock my phone using the fingerprint and have a password as a secondary option.

I changed my password, this worked and tested it after locking the screen no problem.

Days passed was using my fingerprint to unlock the phone. Then a day ago I put my phone on charge and it wanted the password. I entered the password and it doesn't work. I've tried what the password should be I have forgotten I have to admit but I am now locked out.

I don't have a back up done recently, is there anyway I can back up my data before factory resetting my phone?

Thanks in advance
Can you try going to Samsungs Find My Mobile to see if you can unlock it from there?

janidbest

Jun 5, 2023
Visit site
I'm also on the same boat. stumbled that there is no option, the passwords are not secure, I trust biometrics. Now that device only wants the password that I don't remember. I've access to the samsung and google account. Remote unlock is off on the samsung find my device. Any one able to give a fall back on the password to use biometrics, or its nice to consider as a feature.

For now waiting for my options, keep trying the passwords that I remember (its already gone to 24hrs apart next attempt)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm also on the same boat. stumbled that there is no option, the passwords are not secure, I trust biometrics. Now that device only wants the password that I don't remember. I've access to the samsung and google account. Remote unlock is off on the samsung find my device. Any one able to give a fall back on the password to use biometrics, or its nice to consider as a feature.

For now waiting for my options, keep trying the passwords that I remember (its already gone to 24hrs apart next attempt)
Welcome to AC!
Try guessing otherwise unfortunately factory reset in recovery.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29