My Galaxy S5 will only focus up close

A

AC Question

The front facing camera works fine. The phone was purchased from Verizon in 11/14. This happened once a year ago at the beach, but resolved without much intervention. A few weeks ago, while on vacation, it wouldn't focus. I tried all the reset options and finally wiping the cache worked. However, it has happened again, several times, and now I can't get it to focus for anything. I was at a baseball game last week, took one picture, where it was fine and then it happened again. I have corresponded with Samsung, and at this point, all they have left to offer is a hard reset. I have the latest marshmallow update (Verizon sent out two, coincidence or not, this started in between the two). I do have a micro SD card. I have pulled the battery, restarted, wiped the cache, deleted temporary app data from storage, force stopped the camera app, restarted in safe mode, and cleared the camera settings. Last week, in the midst of messaging Samsung, I picked it up and it was focusing, so I thought it was all set. The night of the baseball game, after being plugged in charging and left alone overnight, it was fine. At least once since, I picked it up and it was focusing, but it seems so random, and it's been a few days since it has worked. Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana