Chuwi Hi8 tablet is not switching between access points when stronger signal is available

A

AC Question

I'm in possession of a Chuwi Hi8 dual-boot budget tablet since a short while, running Windows 10 and Android 5.1.
At home, I have 3 routers: one is the modem with Wifi shut off and acts as DHCP server, the other two are configured as AP's with the same SSID, but on a different radiochannel to cover the complete area of the house.

When I boot to Windows, my tablet seamlessly changes to the AP with the strongest signal when I walk across the house, but on Android, it keeps being connected to one of the AP's and does not change. Strange detail: when I analyze the wifi connection using Wifi Manager (via Playstore), it states is DOES change to the AP with strongest signal. BUT this seems not to be true, for loading a random website takes forever and the icon in the top of the screen indicates that de signal is poor.

The problem is annoying: I can't take my tablet to the other side of the house because I will have a very poor connection.

What is the cause of the problem here and how to solve?