HTC One M9 Connectivity Issues

A

AC Question

I bought the One M9 in May of this year. I wanted to buy it on the HTC site but it wasn't available at that time so I bought it on Amazon.

I have two Sony Xperia phones the Xperia Arc S and an Xperia LT 26ii. I was on T-Mobile but switched to Simple Mobile and haven't had any issues with the service since I switched over a year ago. Both phones connect with no problems with the Simple Mobile service, which runs on the T-Mobile network (I used to have AT&T but where I live in central Oregon AT&T was horrible - unable to get service and that was never a problem with T-Mobile/

Now since I've gotten the HTC One M9 my cell phone reception is terrible on that phone. I have two lines and both Sony's typically have two bars where I live. I can have the HTC one sitting right next to either of those phones and it will show either no bars on "service unavailable. (9 times out of ten when I pick up the phone is says "No Service" even in Bend, OR!)

I called HTC a couple of days ago and when I gave them the IMEI number they told me to contact T-Mobile (I had already done that and T-Mobile told me to contact Simple Mobile). HTC asked why I wasn't on the T-Mobile network as the phone is a T-Mobile branded model and I told them I purchased the phone outright on Amazon. When I told them that, they said Amazon is not an authorized seller and there was nothing HTC could do.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding connectivity issues with the M9? (I called Amazon to complain when I found out the phone doesn't come with an HTC warranty even though their listing says it comes with a U.S. warranty and Amazon said I could return it for a full refund once they verified with HTC that it doesn't have a warranty.

I love the Sony phones but they are showing their age and I've always liked the HTC's but this connectivity issue is becoming a deal killer for me (I ordered a new SIM card from Simple Mobile so I can use the WiFi calling features of the HTC) but that won't solve the connectivity issue on the road.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (This phone came with Marshmallow 6.0.)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so what did Simple say when you called them? it sounds like Amazon sold you a phone that wasn't carrier unlocked, which is why you are having the connectivity issue. Have you tried a T-Mobile sim in the HTC phone to see if it works? I'd suggest getting a full refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38