Unlock Effect Missing on Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

A

AC Question

My phone recently did an update to Android 6.0.1, and when I rebooted it, I had to change my background and swipe effect. Background was no problem, but "Unlock Effect" does not exist in my "Lock Screen and Security" settings, so I can't set the Bubble effect I had on it before.

Screen Lock type is set to Swipe. Wallpaper Motion Effect is turned on (whatever that is). I'm using the same background I was before, which is a screenshot of a game I play.

I have tried changing it to PIN, resetting, changing it to Swipe, and resetting again, and nothing. I have searched online, and haven't found anything helpful. Searching for "Unlock Effect" or "Lock Screen Effect" came up empty on my phone. Changing the phone to a default background and restarting didn't work, either.

Any ideas on how to get it back, or did the update permanently do away with those effects?

HSCWU

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue! No more bubble swipe, changed my settings AND my upper left hand corner notification icons are gone as well on the lock screen. None of the usual methods are working. Not happy about this update :( :mad: