half my file folders in gallary say "camera" instead of folder names I assigned

A

AC Question

I noticed a few days ago, maybe after a recent software update, half of my file folder album names within my gallery now say "camera". I have tried to rename the file folders. Either nothing happens after going through an editing phase... or it says I already have that name. I plugged my phone to my laptop... and I can see the proper file folder album names that way... but back on the phone itself, it still says camera. This is driving me crazy. I can't move pictures I take or pictures I save to the phone to smaller, manageable file folders now because half my options say "camera" and not the descriptive title I want. I went to Verizon yesterday and the employees there didn't know what was going on. If it matters, I had about 40 file folders... most of them attached to my SD card.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's very strange that your phone is allowing duplicate folder names. Have you restarted the phone since you noticed this? If you haven't, then do so and maybe the media scanner will correct the issue.

Secondly... Can you create new folders, with different names and copy files over from one of the camera folders into a newly created folder? Be sure to use "copy" and NOT "move" when doing this so you can verify the photos are present in the new folder before you delete the old one. You should never "move" photos because they can become corrupted in the process, and if they do, there's no turning back once the phone completes the move process.

Thirdly... You could back up all your photos to your laptop and after verifying they are indeed on your laptop, delete all the photo folders on your phone and SD. Next recreate the folders on your phone and SD and copy the photos back. Note that if it were me... once I verified that all my photos were backed up on my laptop, I would format the SD card before recreating the folders to make sure the SD doesn't have some corrupted file directory or something. Of course if you have other files on the SD, back those up first before formatting.