Background:
    -I've had my galaxy s6 since May 2015. I had no problems with mobile data at all until about 4-5 weeks ago when we upgraded to the At&T family unlimited data plan.

Problem:
    -My data connection will come and go. I'll completely lose connection for lengths of time throughout the day ranging from 2 minutes to a 3-4 hours. I've been keeping a log of it this morning and it's been ranging between 5-20 minutes intervals of no connection/connection. Sometimes it will still show bars, other times it will have the circle with a slash through it icon. This happens everywhere, location doesn't seem to matter, at all times of day. It's not a slow connection. It's either fast or completely non-existent.

-I also lose the ability to send and receive texts when this happens. I'll get a "send failed" type message.

-When I lose connection, the phone also gets extremely hot while trying to regain a signal. So hot that it will literally burn me.

What I've done so far:
    -Read many articles/forums throughout the internet trying to find a solution / troubleshooting.
    -Contacted at&t's live chat and gone through extensive network troubleshooting with them (twice).
    -Gotten the SIM card replaced.
    -Factory reset / Data wipe.
    -Left the phone at a local repair shop where they looked at it and changed some settings and told me it was fixed. (It wasn't)

Question:
    -Is anyone knowledgeable enough about the hardware components of the S6 that could tell me if this sounds like a part may need to be replaced in the phone? Could the antenna or sim card reader have been damaged or gone bad? Any other ideas?

Thank you.
    07-28-2016 11:38 AM