Why am I randomly losing data connection / failed text messages?

A

AC Question

Background:
-I've had my galaxy s6 since May 2015. I had no problems with mobile data at all until about 4-5 weeks ago when we upgraded to the At&T family unlimited data plan.

Problem:
-My data connection will come and go. I'll completely lose connection for lengths of time throughout the day ranging from 2 minutes to a 3-4 hours. I've been keeping a log of it this morning and it's been ranging between 5-20 minutes intervals of no connection/connection. Sometimes it will still show bars, other times it will have the circle with a slash through it icon. This happens everywhere, location doesn't seem to matter, at all times of day. It's not a slow connection. It's either fast or completely non-existent.

-I also lose the ability to send and receive texts when this happens. I'll get a "send failed" type message.

-When I lose connection, the phone also gets extremely hot while trying to regain a signal. So hot that it will literally burn me.

What I've done so far:
-Read many articles/forums throughout the internet trying to find a solution / troubleshooting.
-Contacted at&t's live chat and gone through extensive network troubleshooting with them (twice).
-Gotten the SIM card replaced.
-Factory reset / Data wipe.
-Left the phone at a local repair shop where they looked at it and changed some settings and told me it was fixed. (It wasn't)

Question:
-Is anyone knowledgeable enough about the hardware components of the S6 that could tell me if this sounds like a part may need to be replaced in the phone? Could the antenna or sim card reader have been damaged or gone bad? Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress