Why is there a ".fraudmetrixid" file in my file system?

fixius

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
LOCATED IN /sdcard/.fraudmetrixid
NOTHING IN THE FILE BUT A VERY LONG ID NUMBER. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST PHONE OF MINE I HAVE SEEN THIS HIDDEN FILE IN. WONDERING WHY IT'S THERE. I CERTAINLY HAVEN'T COMMITTED ANY TYPE OF FRAUD THAT WOULD MERIT ME THEM MONITORING ME. I DO HAVE AN EBAY, PAYPAL AND DHGATE ACCOUNT. COULD THIS BE AN AUTOMATIC FILE THAT GOES WITH ONE OF THESE ACCOUNTS OR IS SOMETHING GOING ON THAT I COULD BE UNAWARE OF. I CANT FIND ANY INFO EXPLAINING IT ON THE NET.

joeeleonard

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
LOCATED IN /sdcard/.fraudmetrixid
NOTHING IN THE FILE BUT A VERY LONG ID NUMBER. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST PHONE OF MINE I HAVE SEEN THIS HIDDEN FILE IN. WONDERING WHY IT'S THERE. I CERTAINLY HAVEN'T COMMITTED ANY TYPE OF FRAUD THAT WOULD MERIT ME THEM MONITORING ME. I DO HAVE AN EBAY, PAYPAL AND DHGATE ACCOUNT. COULD THIS BE AN AUTOMATIC FILE THAT GOES WITH ONE OF THESE ACCOUNTS OR IS SOMETHING GOING ON THAT I COULD BE UNAWARE OF. I CANT FIND ANY INFO EXPLAINING IT ON THE NET.

No clue here. I just downloaded DHGATE as well.

kwest12

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have that file as well. Not sure which app it's from or why, but I'm not thrilled about it being there and will probably delete it. If it cripples an app, at least I'll know which one caused it.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
File names frequently have nothing to do with what they are for. As its hidden it would imply its a system file and needed for proper operation of the phone. Deleting it could brick your phone for absolutely no reason other than paranoia. It is also considered rude and totally unnecessary to use caps in a message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89