BLU R1 HD can't make camera to save pictures to SD card

A

AC Question

I asked about this once already and received kind reply but I must not have been clear stating my issue.

I cannot change my Camera app to save pictures to the SD card. There is no option under the camera settings for storage, either directly from the camera app or in phone's setting->apps->camera.

The SD card is there, any apps I installed afterwards are using it and I can see it from settings->storage. However neither Camera or File Manager seem to see the SD card, or at least I'm assuming that is the reason the Camera app doesn't show an option to save to SD card instead of internal.

Is there any way to make the Camera figure out there is an SD card, and to start saving pictures on it?

Thanks again for help.
-Larry

Rin73

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Larry,

I had the same problem on my phone. I resolved it by going to Settings--Storage and tapping on the SD card. Then tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and select Format as portable. (Warning: formatting deletes all info on the card, so put everything on internal storage first). Then I could make it the default write disk, and all photos taken get saved there automatically. File manager sees it fine.

However, as portable storage, you can't put apps there. So I went through same steps as above, but selected to format as internal storage. When asked to move photos over, clicked Yes. Now it works fine. I can move apps over, and can still see it in File Manager. And photos automatically save on SD card.
Hope this helps!