Why am I getting these phantom sms messages?

A

AC Question

I'm currently using a OnePlus 3, and I've been having issues with group messaging. The actual group message works fine, but I keep getting bombarded by sms messages that can't download. The people aren't actually sending them, but they show in my individual texts. It also seems that I can't send or receive texts when they are trying to download which is very frustrating.. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Solution?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! So what you're saying is, though your contacts in your group messaging SMS conversations aren't send these messages, you're still getting random texts that won't download and it's causing a lag? Are you using OnePlus' stock messaging app or a third party application? Are your contacts experiencing the same issue?

legoman7409

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi! So what you're saying is, though your contacts in your group messaging SMS conversations aren't send these messages, you're still getting random texts that won't download and it's causing a lag? Are you using OnePlus' stock messaging app or a third party application? Are your contacts experiencing the same issue?

My contacts aren't experiencing the same issue. I'm using the stock messaging app.
http://m.imgur.com/a/nIYHZ

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My contacts aren't experiencing the same issue. I'm using the stock messaging app.
http://m.imgur.com/a/nIYHZ

I apologize, I don't know much about the OnePlus series - are the batteries removable? Have you tried a restart of your phone? If you have all of your contacts and important information backed up, you could try to do a factory reset and see if that fixes anything... But maybe do that as a last resort.

legoman7409

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I apologize, I don't know much about the OnePlus series - are the batteries removable? Have you tried a restart of your phone? If you have all of your contacts and important information backed up, you could try to do a factory reset and see if that fixes anything... But maybe do that as a last resort.

The battery is not removable. I've tried restarting the phone. I might have to try a factory reset if it doesn't work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you having any other issues with mobile data? Have you double-checked your APN settings to make sure they're correct for your carrier?