Can't receive mms details in Samsung Messenger app

1LooseCannon

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S5 SM-G900V Samsung texting app
When someone sends me a mms (multi media message) message the text itself shows a box that says message size and expiration date with box in the message that says 'download' but when I touch the 'download' button all that happens is the text says 'downloading' but it never downloads. This happens to all mms's. I get no text nor image, just the information that someone has sent me a mms type message.

I tried Google's texting app with the same result.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Assuming you're in an area where you're allowed to access the MMS feature (3G or 4G) please make sure that your MMS/Media Transference/Exchange (Mobile Data Setting) is turned ON while the wifi setting is turned OFF in order to complete the data transference..

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem on my 7edge as well with Sammy stock messenger app. I also noticed it pretty much only happened when I received the attachment as part of a group text thread, but when I had the person send me the same attachment directly (outside of the group text), it came through.

I then started using the Google Messenger app on my 7Edge and the problem no longer occurred in the group text threads.

Now I'm on the Pixel, which uses the messenger app as it's stock texting app, and so I don't have the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress