Google Voice Mail no longer active

mepaulk

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My Voice Mail Messages used to show up within my Google G-Mail account, as a separate listing of all my messages. I had upgraded to a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 in December, 2015. In January, 2016, I noticed when I did not answer a phone call, the Voice Mail Message was going to Verizon's Voice Mail application. So I "deactivated" Verizon Voice Mail, and "activated" the Google Voice Mail. Or so I thought. I have not been able to receive voice mail messages since then.
If I call my phone from another phone, it just rings and rings. When I hear my phone ring, but do not answer it, it stops ringing after about 3-5 rings, and no message is left. Later, I hear from the person, that they had called, but were unable to leave a voice message.
I spoke to Verizon about this, but they state "they do not know how to switch from Verizon Voice Mail to Google Voice Mail. (The Verizon person holding my phone at that moment, actually reactivated Verizon's Voice Mail application, which I had to deactivate again, once I got back home from their store.)
I have tried to follow the instructions to set up Google Voice Mail, several times, but without success. I must be misunderstanding the instructions. I admit I get confused trying to get straight "my number" vs "Google number" vs "non-Google number", etc. Does anyone have a simplified set of instructions on how to set up Google Voice, so I can see the messages in my G Voice application?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez